Position Title: Kitchen in the Park Project (KIPPelora) Baking Coordinator
Description: Seasonal position coordinating wood oven bakes for up to 9 KIPP events in 2018.
Compensation: The volunteer will receive a $600 honorarium at the end of the season.
Organization: Kitchen in the Park Project (KIPPelora.com)
Location: Elora, Ontario
We are looking for an energetic and organized individual who wants to connect with their community and help coordinate the Kitchen in the Park Project’s 2018 season at the community wood-fired bake oven in Elora’s Bissell Park!
Desire to bake is necessary! A few of the bakes have already been spoken for in terms of recipe ideas and bake leads. Your task would be to lead/assist with all dough preparation on the Friday night, then arriving on the Saturday morning to start proofing the dough. Volunteers will already be coordinated to assist with site set-up, ingredient shopping, rolling, cash and tear-down.
KIPP can teach you the finesse of baking in a wood oven.
KIPPelora’s Baking Coordinator position starts in late May and lasts until late September 2018. The position involves approximately 5 hours of coordination and baking per event, plus optional event support time as your schedule permits. Events are typically on Friday nights or Saturday mornings.
• Recipe ideas for any bake not already pre-organized.
• Managing the bake itself from recipe development, teaching our volunteers the processes of rolling etc to finished product.
• Supporting and participating in some KIPP events (as your schedule permits).
• Documenting the event (blog post, pictures or video sent to our social media organizer who will post your media).
• Experience baking bread products.
• Experience leading events with volunteers.
• Excellent communication skills .
• Proficiency with email and Facebook and uploading photos to a cell phone/email.
• Timely and attentive to details.
• Relationship-building skills.
• Ability to see tasks through and leadership qualities.
• You’ll need access to your own computer/Internet/phone.
To Apply: Send your resume and a paragraph explaining why you’d like to be KIPP’s 2018 Baking Coordinator to email@example.com. Applications will be assessed as they arrive; we’d like to get someone in place ASAP!